Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Eleven men and five women set for Red Bull Roller Coaster on June 29.
Skateboarding stars Danny Leon and Alex Sorgente have been confirmed in the 2019 Red Bull Roller Coaster line-up as they look to dethrone reigning champion Jake Ilardi. Here is all you need to know:
– The Bavarian capital will play host to the world’s only skateboarding downhill slope-style contest as part of the Munich Mash festival under mastermind Oli Bürgin.
– American Ilardi will return to Olympic Park on June 29 to defend his crown after he shocked the skateboarding world to become the sport’s most versatile skater.
– 2018 runner-up Leon of Spain and American crowd favourite Sorgente will also return to a challenging, tweaked course from Bürgin looking to claim the title.
– Frenchman Vincent Milou will also star with 11 men confirmed so far including exciting newcomers such as Alex Midler, Aref Koushesh and Gosha Konyshev.
– 20 year-old American Midler is no stranger to European terrain having participated in street contests like CPH Pro and Street League London, while Italian Koushesh and Russian Konyshev are known for their recklessly ripping transitions and street style.
– American Fabiana Delfino, the sole woman in the field last year, will be joined this time by compatriots Jordyn Barrett and Alana Smith as well as German Catherine Marquis and Russia’s Kate Shengeliya.
– Local talent will compete for an exclusive wildcard to the main contest on June 27 with 18 skaters in the men’s qualifiers and six in the women’s on June 28.
Danny Leon, ESP
Alex Sorgente, USA
Alex Midler, USA
Jake Ilardi, USA
Vincent Milou, FRA
Lenni Jansen, GER
Aurelien Giraud, FRA
Jamie Mateu, ESP
Gosha Konyshev, RUS
Aref Koushesh, ITA
Cody Chapman, USA
Fabiana Delfino, USA
Jordyn Barrett, USA
Kate Shengeliya, RUS
Alana Smith, USA
Catherine Marquis, GER
Watch live on Red Bull TV HERE