Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Skiers and snowboarders end season at fun-filled Red Bull Slopesoakers contest.
The eighth annual rail jam inspired Red Bull Slopesoakers took place at Copper Mountain in Colorado with skiers and snowboarders performing their best tricks in fancy dress. Here is all you need to know:
– Red Bull Slopesoakers is a twist on the traditional pond-skim as it gives competitors the chance to perform their tricks first across ﬂoating rails.
– Both skiers and snowboarders took on the unique contest. First doing tricks on the slopestyle rail suspended above two separate pools of water, before finishing with skimming as far as they could across the water.
– The competitors were judged on: Tricks & style, crowd reaction, risk & reward, skimming ability and splash factor.
– Competitors were dressed in hilarious costume as they ended their season on a comical note.
– The winners were:
Best Overall Male Ski – Devin Fagan
Best Overall Female Ski – Nadia Gonzales
Best Overall Male Snowboard – Sy Moran
Best Overall Female Snowboard – Lexi Thomas
Best Costume – Jade Brison
Best Trick Ski – Charlie Turchetta
Best Trick Snowboard – Seth Karlsrud
– Watch the highlights on Red Bull TV HERE.