Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Spanish duo hit Red Bull Ring in Austria to prepare for long-delayed campaign.
Red Bull KTM Factory Racing completed their first laps towards the long-delayed 2020 MotoGP campaign this week when Pol Espargaro and Dani Pedrosa took part in a two-day private test around the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria. Here is all you need to know:
– KTM relocated to the Red Bull Ring – in full adherence to Health and Safety guidelines – for the first time since the Losail test in Qatar at the end of February.
– Over 20 team members – most of which travelled inside Austria but also from neighbouring territories – joined current racer Espargaro and test rider Pedrosa for further set-up work with a view towards a potential first event of the season in the coming months.
– Spaniard Espargaro, 28, said: “I don’t think I have ever been so long without a bike, so it was a little bit difficult in the first few runs yesterday but I was quickly up to the kind of rhythm I was setting in Qatar. It was great to get back in action. There were a lot of smiling faces.”
– Red Bull KTM Race Manager Mike Leitner added: “I’m really happy we could organise these two days here and get the MotoGP team back on track. It was a big effort to get it done but we tested everybody, made it happen and I think it was key for the mentality of the company, the team, everyone in the racing department and riders.”
– KTM Motorsport Director Pit Beirer revealed: “With Pol we were able to check his 2020 bike on a new track and with Dani we ran a very extensive test program.”