Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Reigning champion Menzies, Quintero and McMillin eye win over 550 miles.
Red Bull Off-Road Junior Team star Mitch Guthrie Jr. will take on the longest American off-road race again this Friday when the 24th edition of the 2020 Vegas to Reno Off-Road Race revs into gear for 550 miles over one hectic day.
Here is all you need to know:
– Amid challenging circumstances, all safety protocols have been ticked off to get the green light for action over the Nevada sands on Friday, August 14.
– Guthrie Jr. excelled at the 2020 Dakar Rally when he won three stages and defends his 2019 Best in the Desert overall series victory in the Pro Turbo Class.
– Colleague Seth Quintero, who also impressed at the Silver State 300 earlier in the summer, will look to retain his Best in the Desert series Pro N/A Class crown.
– In the “Trophy Truck Unlimited” category, 2019 Vegas to Reno Champion Bryce Menzies will also line up alongside four-time Baja 1000 champion Andy McMillin.
– They will face a stacked field of competitors, including four-time Vegas to Reno Champ Jason Voss and Off-Road Motorsports Hall of Famer Rob MacCachren.
– The race is part of the Best in the Desert season – which is just past its halfway point – with temperatures expected in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit.