Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Tahnée Seagrave has the winning formula and is ready to shine in 2018.
British rider Tahnée Seagrave burst onto the UCI Mountain Bike scene in 2014 with a bronze medal at the World Championship in Norway aged 19.
The 2013 junior world champion has been a powerhouse on the World Cup circuit in recent years, making the podium three times in 2015, four times the following year, and five times out of seven in 2017 including her first ever victory at Leogang.
Seagrave, 22, went on to win the final two races of the season in Canada and Italy and will be looking to continue the winning run at the first face of the season which is just around the corner in Croatia between 19-22 April.
Here are five quotes from Seagrave’s full exclusive interview with The Red Bulletin HERE.
– “Downhill is so much more of a mental game than it is physical. Some deal with it better than others, and I think that’s how you can separate the winners from the losers.”
– “I did make sacrifices of my own as a teenager, but looking back it was quite an easy choice. When you want something that badly, the hurdles don’t seem like hurdles.”
– “I went through a few years of being dead serious: training loads, not going out, not being your average 20-year-old. I wouldn’t eat any chocolate, whereas now it’s a massive part of my life!”
– “The crazy thing is, I’m still in the early years of my career. I’m still learning and I don’t think that’s ever going to stop.”
– “This is such an extreme, dangerous sport that if you take the fun out of it, what’s the point? You might as well get an office job.”