Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Andrey “Reynad” Yanyuk owns the successful Tempo Storm gaming team.
Once a professional poker player, Andrey “Reynad” Yanyuk transitioned to the world of eSports and has never looked back. A popular game streamer in his own right, he is the owner of Tempo Storm, a hugely successful gaming organisation with teams competing in a range of titles.
Once featured in Forbes magazine 30 to watch under the age of 30, Yanyuk continues to run every aspect of Tempo Storm and has amassed a team of more than 30 professional gamers.
– In 2020, Tempo Storm has 30 Esport athletes competing in tournaments across North America, Europe and Asia in nine titles. These include Rainbow 6 Siege, PUBG, Street Fighter, Smash Bros, Hearthstone and Fortnite.
– Yanuk has amassed more than 3.5 million followers on Twitch and continues to stream multiple times every week.
– Yanyuk on controlling his own destiny: “Owning the company feels liberating. Tempo Storm gives me the freedom to take an idea and execute it on a large scale whether it’s in Esports, production, marketing or game design.
– What he looks for when signing new eSport players: “First and foremost, we take competitive focus and marketability into account. We are drawn to players who are the absolute best at what they focus on, whether that’s content creation or competition. Beyond that, we look favourably on being well-spoken and working well in a team environment.
– Yanyuk on what he learned from the world of poker: “Across all card games, the three things that separate the great players from the best are resource management, risk assessment and creativity. I think that all of these things translated well to business too.”
– Discussing the growth of Esports, he said: “I’m not surprised because the rise of Esports is an inevitability. As Esports matures, I don’t believe it will follow a traditional sports model like most investors think. The popularity of different Esports titles will constantly wax and wane but the overall size of the Esports pie will only keep growing.