Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
British rider leads overall World Enduro Super Series rankings.
Britain’s Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna) has claimed the overall win at Spain’s Hixpania Hard Enduro, round four of the World Enduro Super Series. Here is all you need to know:
– His second place in Sunday’s Mitas Lost Roads Hard Enduro race was enough to give Jarvis the overall Hixpania Hard Enduro win and with it the top of the championship standings.
– Event leader Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna – ESP) placed fifth in Sunday’s race, slipping to second in the event’s overall classification.
– Sherco Factory Racing’s Mario Roman (ESP) narrowly beat Jarvis in Sunday’s event, securing himself an overall podium result of third.
– The third and final day of racing saw the 70 riders who qualified through from Saturday’s Campoo de X-Treme race tackle the tough and demanding Lost Roads Hard Enduro. During the two-hour 30-minute race, a short-course laid out around a quarry and surrounding forest pushed competitors to their limits.
– The World Enduro Super Series continues with round five at Red Bull Romaniacs in Romania on July 30 – August 3.
– Jarvis said: “What an event and it’s crazy to think I’m leading the WESS now. I’m not going to get too excited just yet though and my plan is to take each race as it comes. Romaniacs is going to be the game changer – hopefully I can at least finish it this year. It was a tough race today, I was still tired from yesterday – it was fast but there were still some technical bits. I think everyone was really feeling it and I know I was on the limit today.”
Hixpania Hard Enduro Overall
1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna – ESP) 44pts; 2. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna – ESP) 44 pts; 3. Mario Roman (Sherco – ESP) 43pts; 4. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna – GB) 40pts; 5. Manuel Lettenbichler (KTM – GER) 36pts; 6. Jonny Walker (KTM – GB) 30pts; 7. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM – POL) 29pts; 8. Pol Tarres (Husqvarna – ESP) 25pts; 9. Josep Garcia (KTM – ESP) 21pts; 10. Xavier Leon (Husqvarna – ESP) 19pts…
WESS Championship Standings (After Round 4 of 8)
1. Graham Jarvis (Husqvarna – GB) 2690pts; 2. Manuel Lettenbichler (KTM – GER) 2570pts; 3. Mario Roman (Sherco – ESP) 2540; 4. Alfredo Gomez (Husqvarna – ESP) 2314; 5. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna – GB) 2155; 6. Josep Garcia (KTM – ESP) 2125pts; 7. Jonny Walker (KTM – GB) 2090pts; 8. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM – POL) 1900pts; 9. Nathan Watson (KTM – GB) 1631pts; 10. Travis Teasdale (KTM – RSA) 1610pts…