Courtesy of Red Bull
We asked elite triathlete Lucy Charles for her essential mental preparation tips. In this one she focusses on what you can eat and drink to improve your mental performance.
– Forward plan your meals for the week, so that you’re not thinking about what you’re going to have to cook after a training session
– If you’re training heavily, ensure that you’re never in calorie deficit
– Get a good balance of carbs, proteins and fats
– that’s good fats, mind, from things like nuts and avocados
– Fats give slow energy release; carbohydrates provide an instant energy hit; protein helps repair muscle and is great post-session
– Eating well can lift your performance to the next level
For more running tips from Lucy head to http://win.gs/LucyCharlesRunning.