Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
FIA World Rallycross title race hots up with two points separating three drivers.
Timmy Hansen brought himself back into championship contention by winning the 2019 Bretagne World RX of France. Here is all you need to know:
– The Swede enjoyed a blistering start to go from third to first at turn one in the final, having smoothly progressed through the earlier heats.
– His younger brother Kevin started the final last but drove a tactically brilliant race to cross the line in third. Their compatriot Anton Marklund finished second.
– The race took place at the Circuit de Lohéac.
– Team HANSEN MJP driver Timmy has now won three races this season after previous victories in Great Britain and Spain.
– The FIA World Rallycross title race has never been closer with Andreas Bakkerud leading the way on 160 points, and Timmy and Kevin hot on his heels just two points behind.
– Next up, the paddock moves to Latvia on September 14-15 ahead of the final showdown in South Africa in November.