Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Norwegian powers down the Lauberhorn, the longest downhill ski race in the world.
Swiss national hero Beat Feuz won his home race in Wengen for a second time on the brutal 4.4km Lauberhorn.
Next up on the downhill circuit is the legendary Hahnenkamm race, Die Streif, in Kitzbühel.
Aksel Lund Svindal fact file
– Did you know? The Lauberhorn is 4.4km long, with winning times around 30-40 seconds longer than other downhill races.
– Did you also know? Racers reach speeds of up to 160km/h when flying down the Lauberhorn.
– This podium for Svindal makes it five for the season, and 74 in total of an illustrious career.
– His most prolific season was 2015/16 when he won four downhill and three Super G races, however he missed out on all the Crystal Globes.
– He collected a full set of gold, silver and bronze medals at the 2010 Vancouver Games.