Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Eleven riders chosen to join 2020 field after three days of Guadix action.
The Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup Selection Event for the 2020 season has finished at the Guadix track in Spain with 11 talented young riders joining the 11 that were already qualified.
Here is all you need to know:
– Three days of action in southern Spain saw 109 riders from 37 different countries out to book a precious spot in the superfast feeder series for the Moto3, Moto2 and MotoGP World Championships.
– Guys and girls from India to Venezuela and Greece to New Zealand split up into two groups over the first two days with the best 46 riders in action on the final day.
– Seven groups of riders each had a 15-minute session in the morning and another in the afternoon on identical PreMoto3 250cc machines to impress the judges, who eventually whittled down the selection to 11 riders.
Riders invited to join 2020 Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup:
1. David Alonso (COL)
2. Izan Guevara Bonnin (SPA)
3. Daniel Holgado Miralles (SPA)
4. Rocco Landers (USA)
5. Luca Lunetta (ITA)
6. Alex Millan Gomez (SPA)
7. Daniel Muñoz Fernandez (SPA)
8. David Muñoz Rodríguez (SPA)
9. Scott Ogden (GBR)
10. Bartholomé Perrin (FRA)
11. Collin Veijer (NED)
Pre-qualified 2020 Red Bull MotoGP Rookies Cup riders:
1. Phillip Tonn (GER)
2. Alex Escrig (SPA)
3. Matteo Bertelle (ITA)
4. Billy van Eerde (AUS)
5. Mario Aji (IDN)
6. Pedro Acosta (SPA)
7. David Salvador (SPA)
8. Gabin Planques (FRA)
9. Zonta van den Goorbergh (NED)
10. Artem Maraev (RUS)
11. Marcos Uriarte (SPA)