Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Red Bull Air Force team complete magical flight in Jordan.
The Red Bull Air Force team pulled off one of their most breathtaking stunts back in June 2017 when they appeared as shooting stars above the famous, historical city of Petra in Jordan.
Here is all you need to know:
– Petra is an historic city in southern Jordan famous for its rock-cut architecture and is also called the ‘Rose City’ because of the stone colour from which it is carved.
– The city, accessed by a 1.2km-long gorge called the Siq, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1985 and was voted a New7Wonders of the World in 2007.
– Jon Devore, Mike Swanson and Andy Farrington took off into the night sky in a helicopter with people on the ground releasing Chinese lanterns up from below.
– Once they had reached the right height, the team leapt out in their hi-tech wingsuits with flares trailing behind to create a shooting star effect through the lanterns.
– A lit runway was created on the ground with 1,500 candles, so they could let their parachutes open and float down to safety while traditional Bedouin music was played in perfect harmony from a bedoiun’s flute.