Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
American triumphs in Åre to complete best ever FIS World Cup slalom tally.
Mikaela Shiffrin stormed to her seventh slalom victory of the FIS World Cup season to complete her best ever WC season in her favourite discipline.
The American was a mammoth 1.58s ahead of second-placed Swiss Wendy Holdener with PyeongChang Winter Games champion Frida Hansdotter in third.
– The 23-year-old said, “It was so nice to ski the slalom knowing I had the crystal globe secure. The second run felt amazing and super excited about how it went. It makes me feel more proud about the season.”
– The Colorado native has completed her best ever FIS World Cup season in slalom with seven victories.
– It was her 32nd FIS World Cup slalom victory and 43rd overall, which puts her above Sweden’s Anja Pärson in the all-time winners list.
– Shiffrin won her fifth slalom crystal globe this season and second overall title.
– Did you know? Her racing helmet bears the initials ABFTTB, which stands for, always be faster than boys.