Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service
FIS World Cup star continues to amaze after grabbing third in Lake Louise.
American star Mikaela Shiffrin recorded yet another amazing feat in her short but glittering alpine skiing career with her first ever FIS World Cup podium in downhill at Lake Louise behind Austrian Cornelia Huetter and Liechtenstein’s Tina Weirather.
Shiffrin, who now leads the overall Cup standings by 129 points, revealed: “I’m psyched. I skied exactly how I thought that I could ski. I tried to be soft on my edges. The rest will come with years (of experience).”
Mikaela Shiffrin fact file
– Both parents were former ski racers and introduced her to the alpine sport.
– Shiffrin has only ever entered three downhill races, all of them in Lake Louise.
– Her helmet bears the initials ABFTTB, which means always be faster than the boys.
– She is the queen of slalom after four FIS World Cup titles in the last five years.
– The Vail native will defend her Winter Games slalom title at PyeongChang on February 14.