Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Car shares several components with Aston Martin Red Bull Racing contender.
Scuderia Toro Rosso are the second Formula 1 team to show off their 2019 car with the STR14 set for the first winter testing when it begins in earnest at Barcelona on February 18. Here is all you need to know:
– New Thai-British driver Alexander Albon and the returning Daniil Kvyat got to show off this season’s challenger that will share a rear end with Aston Martin Red Bull Racing as they both utilise a Honda power unit.
– Gearbox, rear suspension and some front suspension parts – together with electronic and hydraulic components – will also be shared technically.
– Rookie Albon, 22, revealed: “The way I’ve gone about my career and my racing is I never set any goals on anything. Every year, it was just each race, take it step by step, focus and race in that session – whether it would be practice, qualifying or the race.”
– Russian Kvyat, 24, added: “Like everyone else, we are working hard to put the best package together and the best thing I can do for myself is to work as hard as possible on myself and on my performance.”
– Team Principal Franz Tost said: “We don’t want to set a specific target – at least not now. All things considered, the quality of the synergies with Red Bull Technology, the belief in our very high level of in-house technical knowledge, the impressive development trajectory Honda has shown so far, and the couple of strong young drivers we have available make me feel confident.”
– Team Manager Graham Watson explained: “Over this winter, we’ve studied videos of our 2018 pit stops and worked on refinement of positioning. Secondly, we’re going to inherit quite a lot of the wheel nut axle and wheel rim design from Red Bull to improve further.”