Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Five-time Dakar bike champion Cyril Despres on hand to advise young racers.
The Red Bull Off-Road Junior Program gears up in 2020 as a chance for young racers to accelerate their path to the top by competing in the most prestigious off-road races on the planet. Here is all you need to know:
– The program is the first global talent search launched by Red Bull to find the off-road stars of the future through a worldwide calendar of iconic races.
– With the likes of former F1 world champion Sebastian Vettel, Australian Daniel Ricciardo and current Aston Martin Red Bull Racing star Max Verstappen all coming through the Red Bull junior program in open-wheel racing, now is the chance for off-road stars to emerge.
– Five-time Dakar Rally bike champion and two-time Silk Way Rally car champion Cyril Despres will be on hand to coach and advise the promising youngsters.
– The Frenchman, 45, revealed: “I’ll be an open book for the young drivers. I’ll listen to any questions and give my input on strategy, driving, navigation and training.”
– The OT3 SxS vehicle that will be used has been developed in cooperation with Overdrive Racing, the team that has successfully collaborated with Nasser Al-Attiyah during the Qatari’s Dakar Rally victories and FIA World Cup for Cross-Country Rallies events.
– Al-Attiyah, who was the first to drive the OT3 that boasts 177 horsepower and 290Nm of torque in its FIA version, enthused: “I think the Red Bull Off-Road Junior Program is an amazing project. Every sport needs to see the next generation coming through.”
– The Red Bull Off-Road Junior Program is supported by prestigious partners such as BFGoodrich, KMC Wheels and Sparco, who are all excited to come on board.
– The first intake will be announced on December 17 with the global surge in popularity of the SxS category making it the ideal proving ground for the recruits.