Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
New contest to be unveiled to celebrate the best still and moving images.
Red Bull Illume is set to launch a new photographic and film contest launching on June 1. Here is all you need to know:
– The details of the competition are due to be announced on Thursday May 28 with three categories in which to enter submissions for competitors’ best still and moving images, with a third to-be-announced unique category celebrating a specific style of content.
– Red Bull Illume has become synonymous with its annual Image Quest photo competition, which last year saw 59,551 entries across 11 categories.
– French photographer Ben Thouard was crowned the overall winner last November with his underwater surfing image, which also clinched the Energy category.
– In contrast, this new special contest aims to provide a platform for creators of still and moving images to showcase their originality on Instagram.
– More details will be unveiled on Thursday with the competition set to begin on Monday. And the winning imagery will have his or her image added to the current Red Bull Illume Exhibit Tour.