Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Dane excels in London as Scuderia Toro Rosso wrap up team second as well.
Frederik Rasmussen held his nerve in the last race of the 2018 F1 New Balance Esports Series in London to finish third in the driver standings as Scuderia Toro Rosso Esports Team impressed. Here is all you need to know:
– Danish player Rasmussen formed part of a strong Scuderia Toro Rosso line-up this season alongside Turkey’s Cem Bolukbasi and German Patrik Holzmann.
– After the first two events at the Gfinity Esports Arena, Scuderia Toro Rosso were second behind Mercedes – fuelled by Rasmussen’s form that saw him second behind driver leader Brendon Leigh – with Red Bull third.
– The third and final 2018 event in England’s capital saw the players take on iconic Formula 1 circuits in Germany, Singapore, USA and Abu Dhabi.
– Red Bull’s Joni Tormala grabbed a podium in the Hockenheim opener with Scuderia Toro Rosso‘s Holzmann third at The Circuit of the Americas.
– The 2018 finale saw double points on offer over the Yas Marina Circuit with Rasmussen’s thrilling third place locking up his excellent third place overall.
– Briton Leigh wrapped up his second drivers’ title in a row from team-mate Daniel Bereznay in second with Scuderia Toro Rosso second behind Mercedes in the team standings and Red Bull a creditable sixth overall.
– Rasmussen said: “2018 was quite successful for the team as we finished second in the Constructors’ Championship. Personally, I grabbed third position in the Drivers’ Championship which I’m proud of.”
– Holzmann added: “Austin was a good race for me as I started fourth and was able to overtake Frederik. It was a clean drive and I was able to defend well to end up in P3. The whole series as a team was really good. We can be proud of what we have achieved.”