Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Teams hand over cash, cards and phones before setting off on race to Amsterdam.
Could you make it across Europe in just seven days without any cash, cards or your phone, and with just 24 cans of Red Bull with which to act as currency?
Two hundred teams of three set off from five locations in Europe on Tuesday to get to Amsterdam in the space of a week in a bid to be crowned winners of Red Bull Can You Make It. Here is all you need to know:
– The teams left from five start points: Madrid, Budapest, Manchester, Stockholm and Rome, all aiming to get to Holland in seven days.
– Before they set off, they had to hand over their cash, cards and personal phones in exchange for 24 cans of Red Bull and a smartphone with unlimited data.
– As part of the challenge, they have to post videos and photos of their journeys, and use those cans as currency for travel, places to sleep and food.
– There are six checkpoints along the way for each team to pass through, each one posing a different challenge.
– Already on day one, 24 checkpoint challenges have been ticked off, three commercial flights completed, four TV interviews done, alongside some indoor skydiving and snowboarding.
– Not all has gone to plan though with some 40% of teams still in their starting cities undertaking their challenges.
Track the teams on the leaderboard HERE.