Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Reigning MotoGP champion joined by rookie Alex for Indonesian launch.
Six-time MotoGP champion Marc Marquez was joined by rookie brother Alex for the Repsol Honda livery launch of the Honda RC213V MotoGP motorbike ahead of the 2020 season. Here is all you need to know:
– Marc, who has won the last four of his titles in a row, will be partnered by younger brother Alex for the 2020 season after three-time champion Jorge Lorenzo retired.
– Alex, 23, won the Moto3 world championship in 2014 and was set to defend the Moto2 world championship title that he won last season before he got the call.
– They hooked up in Indonesian capital Jakarta with Toshiyuki Inuma (President Director PT Astra Honda Motor), Tetsuhiro Kuwata (HRC Director – General Manager Race Operations) and Alberto Puig (Repsol Honda Team Manager) ahead of the first official test of the year to also show off the Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin Adventure Sports and Honda Rebel.
– Marc, 26, helped Repsol Honda to their third straight Triple Crown in the highest level of motorcycle racing last season and – with 309 victories in the premier class – Honda have been working hard over the winter period to ensure that 2020 continues this trend.
– After shoulder surgery, Marc will test it out in Sepang from February 7-9 as he seeks a seventh title to tie Italian great Valentino Rossi in the all-time list and put him just one behind the record by Giacomo Agostini.
– The team will debut the dynamic RC213V livery in Malaysia with the 2020 season then getting started under the Losail floodlights in Qatar from March 6-8.