Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Endurance athletes pushed to the limit at Red Bull Defiance in Queensland.
Some of the world’s best endurance athletes have tackled the first Red Bull Defiance in Mission Beach, Australia. Here is all you need to know:
– Red Bull Defiance is a two-day adventure race with six challenging stages.
– The 150km route against a backdrop of the Cassowary Coast of North Queensland includes rafting, biking, running and kayaking with demanding altitude gain and brutal terrain.
– The race was the brainchild of New Zealand triathlete and multisport racer Braden Currie in 2014, with the debut edition happening in the Wanaka region of New Zealand.
– Each day involves multiple disciplines and takes competitors right to the edge both mentally and physically.
– The Red Bull Australia team of Courtney Atkinson and Lindsey Lawry took victory in the men’s race after carrying over a comfortable lead from Day 1. Atkinson said: “You couldn’t get two more unique days.”
X2 Men’s results
Red Bull Aus 11:50:59
Outer Limits 12:13:17
Come on Paddy 12:58:59
X2 Women’s results
Outerlimits Adventure 15:25:41
Peak Adventure Pythons 15:46:42
Here comes Trouble Peak Adventure 16:31:45
Elite Mixed team results
Peak Adventure Alpine Avengers 13:32:45
Ion Duo 14:28:38