Courtesy of WRC Media Service Team
Six-time WRC champion excited by Citroën car for Monte Carlo opener.
Sébastien Ogier and co-driver Julien Ingrassia have revealed their joy at getting behind the wheel of the C3 after rejoining Citroën to challenge for their seventh consecutive WRC title. Here is all you need to know:
– Gap native Ogier claimed his sixth WRC crown with M-Sport Ford WRT in 2018, then decided to revert back to the Citroën factory team where he started his career.
– With the first race of the 2019 WRC season fast approaching this week in Monte Carlo, the French duo revealed how their road testing has gone.
– They took the C3 out on the tight mountain roads in beautiful sunny conditions with the sleek car hugging the turns impressively on the tarmac.
– Ogier, 35, explained: “So far I am happy. We go with confidence to Monte Carlo. It is probably the most challenging race of the season, but I have followed this rally since I was a kid and the last years have gone very well for me there. You need to attack this rally with a lot of humility because it is always very tricky. The weather is key and I am sure the atmosphere will be great.”
– Ingrassia, 39, added: “We need to adapt to be ready for the first rally of the year. We did one test in December to get used to the seat position and now we need to know what works best with slick and wet tyres.”