Courtesy of quattro media
World Enduro Super Series 2018 – 1. round – Extreme XL Lagares (POR) | New offroad enduro motorcycle series to start off in Portugal
The World Enduro Super Series has been launched for the 2018 season and will bring together some of the most iconic events on the calendar. It will lead to a first world enduro champion being crowned at the end of the campaign, which begins in Portugal next May. First impressions can be seen in the PreSeason Trailer and the first clip regarding the”Extreme XL Lagares”.
The WESS will include Hard Enduro, Classic Enduro, Cross-Country and Beach Racing-style events, with riders permitted to ride on their preferred make and style of motorbike. Such events will keep their same format but with a new, uniformed points-scoring system across the board. In all, the series will include seven events from the Extreme XL Lagares on May 11-13 to the season finale, Red Bull Knock Out in the Netherlands, on November 10. The championship will begin in Portugal featuring night-time racing and urban hard endure over three days at the Extreme XL Lagares.
Taddy Blazusiak (POL), one of the most decorated Enduro riders, Jonny Walker (GBR), well-known for his Hard Enduro Skills, and Josep Garcia (ESP) participate in this new series format as well as the greatest Hard Enduro rider of all time, Graham Jarvis (GBR) and last year’s champion of the season start event in Portugal, Wade Young from South Africa.
World Enduro Super Series schedule for 2018
– round 1: Extreme XL Lagares (POR), 11. – 13. Mai
– round 2: Erzbergrodeo Red Bull Hare Scramble (AUT), 31. Mai – 3. Juni
– round 3: Trèfle Lozérien AMV (FRA), 8. – 10. Juni
– round 4: Red Bull Romaniacs (ROM), 24. – 28. Juli
– round 5: Red Bull 111 Megawatt (POL), 8. September
– round 6: Gotland Grand National (SWE), 26. – 27. Oktober
– round 7: Red Bull Knock Out (NED), 10. November