Courtesy of Red Bull Motorsports
Eight enduro stops from May to October with first visit outside Europe.
The revamped WESS ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP returns for 2020 with eight stops from May to October including a trip outside Europe for the first time at Tennessee Knockout. Here is all you need to know:
– The world’s best mixed-discipline enduro motorbike riders will return for the third edition of a revamped WESS series that is now officially called the WESS ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
– The race will be on to become the ULTIMATE ENDURO WORLD CHAMPION 2020 in the wake of 2018 champion Billy Bolt from Great Britain and the 2019 winner – with German Manuel Lettenbichler poised for victory.
– For 2020 the championship retains many of its global favourites and welcomes back Poland’s popular Red Bull 111 Megawatt event.
– WESS heads to the USA for the first time at the sixth round and the well-established Tennessee Knockout with Britain’s Hawkstone Park Cross-Country and Spain’s Hixpania Hard Enduro rounding off the 2020 season.
– WESS ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Series Manager Winfried Kerschhaggl revealed: “Expanding the series outside of Europe was the last ingredient missing in becoming a credible and true Enduro World Championship. With TKO now being part of our 2020 calendar everything has come together perfectly for what we’re sure will be a thrilling championship.”
– WESS ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Managing Director Philipp Stossier added: “We’ve worked hard to listen to feedback from competitors, key industry people and the fans themselves to deliver a true world-class mixed discipline Enduro championship.”
– WESS ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Marketing Anna Larissa Redinger said: “Welcoming Tennessee Knockout in the USA to the schedule allows us to venture into a new continent and become the true Enduro World Championship that we originally set out to be.”
2020 WESS ENDURO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Round 1: Extreme XL Lagares (Portugal) May 8-10
Round 2: Trefle Lozerien AMV (France) May 21-23
Round 3: Erzbergrodeo Red Bull Hare Scramble (Austria) June 10-14
Round 4: Red Bull 111 Megawatt (Poland ) June TBC
Round 5: Red Bull Romaniacs (Romania) July 21-25
Round 6: Tennessee Knockout (USA) August 15-16
Round 7: Hawkstone Park Cross-Country (UK) September TBC
Round 8: Hixpania Hard Enduro (Spain) October TBC