Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Spaniard stars for Red Bull KTM Factory Racing as Bolt leads overall.
Josep Garcia put on a motorbike masterclass to claim a start-to-finish victory at round six of the 2018 World Enduro Super Series at Hawkstone Park in Great Britain. Here is all you need to know:
– The opening day of racing saw the 650 competitors stretch their race legs on the sandy motocross track and surrounding woodland for fast and furious racing.
– Sunday’s action saw Garcia excel again in the two-and-a-half-hour Original Fast Eddy Cross-Country with scattered showers blowing through the iconic venue.
– He roared off the start line and built up a lead lap by lap to coast to a one-minute and 34-second margin of victory and his first win of the 2018 WESS series.
– It was a memorable race for British riders as fan favourites Watson and Bolt (Husqvarna) secured podiums with second and third respectively.
– Bolt’s third ensured that he takes the 2018 overall WESS lead into the seventh round of eight at the Gotland Grand National in Sweden from October 26-27.
– Garcia said: “My team were great, they let me know how much of an advantage I had so I was able to gauge the gap back to Nathan. I did have a couple of crashes, but thankfully it was nothing too serious.”
– Watson added: “I didn’t have enough left to go after Josep, but overall I am happy with my result and it’s great to get my first WESS podium.”
– Bolt revealed: “I started to crash a little bit, so just eased off and focused on claiming a safe third. The support from the fans was incredible. It’s fantastic to take the lead in the championship.”
Round 6 result – Hawkstone Park Cross-Country:
1. Josep Garcia (KTM – ESP) 15 laps, 2:30:03.444
2. Nathan Watson (KTM – GB) 2:31:34.016
3. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna – GB) 2:32:52.010
4. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM – POL) 2:34:39.777
5. Jaume Betriu (KTM – ESP) 2:35:58.297
Provisional WESS standings after round 6 of 8:
1. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna – GB) 4060pts
2. Manuel Lettenbichler (KTM – GER) 3935pts
3. Josep Garcia (KTM – ESP) 3320pts
4. Wade Young (Sherco – RSA) 3220pts
5. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM – POL) 2985pts
Remaining 2018 WESS schedule:
Gotland Grand National (Sweden) October 26-27
Red Bull Knock Out (The Netherlands) November 10