Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Spaniard seals 47th MotoGP victory to extend his overall championship lead.
Marc Márquez proved once again he is the man to beat on two-wheels this season as another dominant victory at the French Grand Prix in Le Mans extended his lead at the top of the overall standings. Here is all you need to know:
– Márquez held the lead from lights out, fending off attacks from Danilo Petrucci and Jack Miller.
– The Repsol Honda rider briefly lost the lead to Miller on Lap 5, but once he edged back in front he never looked back to seal maximum points once again. Andrea Dovizioso crossed the line second, with Ducati teammate Danilo Petrucci in third.
– The result for Dovizioso was his third podium of the season, and ensured he has finished no lower than fourth in the first five races.
– Márquez has won three of the last four races, and leads the overall championship standings with 95 points, eight more than Dovizioso.
– The Spaniard has now won three MotoGP races at the Le Mans circuit. He has 73 Grand Prix wins to his name at the age of 26, with 37 of them coming in MotoGP.
– The five-time World Champion had crashed early in qualifying on Saturday, but regained his composure to finish on pole position.
– Next up for the paddock is the Italian Grand Prix in Mugello on June 2.
French GP top five:
1. Marc Márquez SPA Repsol Honda 41.53.647s
2. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Mission Winnow Ducati +1.984
3. Danilo Petrucci ITA Mission Winnow Ducati +2.142
2019 MotoGP rider standings
1. Marc Márquez SPA Repsol Honda 95 points
2. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Mission Winnow Ducati 87
3. Alex Rins SPA Suzuki Ecstar 75