Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Rivals crash in France as Márquez wins three in a row for first time since 2014.
Marc Márquez took advantage of his rivals crashing out in Le Mans to extend his lead at the top of the World Championship leaderboard. Here is all you need to know:
– The four-time world champion on his Repsol Team Honda bike now leads the title race by 36 points from Maverick Vinales.
– Márquez has now won three races in a row for the first time since 2014.
– The Spaniard dominated the race after his main rivals Andrea Dovizioso and poleman Johann Zarco crashed out.
– Márquez recovered from a slow start when he ended up sixth, to join the four-man lead group.
– Dovizioso crashed from the lead on Lap 5, Zarco crashed from second on Lap 8 to end his hopes of a maiden victory.
– Pol Espargaro led the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team charge with an 11th placed finish, with teammate Bradley Smith in 14th.
– Next up is Mugello, Italy on June 3.
French GP result
1. Marc Márquez ESP Honda 41.49.733
2. Danilo Petrucci ITA Ducati +2.310
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Yamaha +5.350
4. Jack Miller AUS Ducati +6.314
5. Dani Pedrosa ESP Honda +7.419
Championship standings after round 5 of 19