Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
All Blacks star takes on ‘Mad’ Mike’s Lamborghini Huracan ‘NIMBUL’.
Kiwi Beauden Barrett has lifted the Rugby World Cup as part of the 2015 All Blacks winning team, however he came up against a completely different challenge for the #KickItWithBeaudy campaign. Here is all you need to know:
– The 29-year-old, who also claimed back-to-back World Rugby Player of the Year awards in 2016 and 2017, stars in a new trick shot video to help promote #KickItWithBeaudy which will see one lucky winner get to hang out with Beauden and learn some ultimate tips.
– Versatile back Barrett has already racked up an amazing 83 caps for New Zealand before the age of 30, but he was up against it for this project as it also involved a race against compatriot ‘Mad’ Mike Whiddett driving his custom Lamborghini Huracan ‘NIMBUL’.
– After going viral during lockdown for sinking an impressive trick shot, Barrett decided he wanted to take it to the next level with fellow Red Bull athlete Whiddett.
– Barrett revealed: “Executing skills in a game or at training, compared to here, it’s so different.”
– Director Andy Deere and his crew helped create a fiendish set of challenges for Barrett, which included hitting pass targets, navigating tackle bags, a sprint against Whiddett’s supercar and finally a difficult kick towards a target to complete the tricky task.
– Deere is an accomplished director, cinematographer and editor, who has directed Red Bull projects for stars like Whiddett as well as film documentary ‘Bludgeon’. He added: “The whole concept around this being a unique training facility for him – It needs to actually challenge him.”
– Keep an eye out on Red Bull’s Instagram for exclusive behind-the-scenes insight, including an interview with Barrett discussing his thoughts on the special project.