Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Watch Polish skydiver’s stylish choreography in vertical wind tunnel.
Acclaimed skydiver Maja Kuczyńska had the chance to showcase her stunning choreography and incredible flexibility in 2017 when she visited the world’s biggest vertical wind tunnel in Italy.
Here is all you need to know:
– Aero Gravity Milan features six powerful turbines that can simulate a freefall from an airplane at an altitude of 4,500 metres thanks to 370kph blasts of air.
– The vertical wind tunnel is housed within a crystal cylinder that measures eight metres in height and duplicates the sensation experienced before the parachute opens.
– Kuczyńska performed a series of breathtaking tricks, many of which were inspired by skateboarders, with each movement requiring unbelievable core strength to remain perfectly balanced.
– The Polish skydiver started out in the sport aged just 10 and utilises her background in gymnastics to create memorable routines that helped her become Indoor Skydiving Junior World Champion in 2015.
– She said: “I felt like I was tiny inside there, I could go every direction comfortably and not be limited by the caution that usually comes with flying. A tunnel of such dimensions opens up incredible amounts for the sport.”