Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Austrian edges out rival Kristoffersen again for sixth GS FIS World Cup win.
The Austrian held a 0.50s advantage over the field after the first run and held on to beat the Norwegian by 0.23s with Frenchman Victor Muffat-Jeandet in third place.
– The Salzburg native said, “This is definitely so unreal. We were never expecting me to be as quick as I was so early this season. This has been my best ever season. Unbelievable. My main goal now is to put on my surf shorts and have a good summer.”
– Hirscher has won six FIS World Cup giant slalom races this season at Beaver Creek, Alta Badia, Adelboden, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Kranjska Gora and Åre.
– The 29-year-old had already wrapped up his fifth giant slalom crystal globe and ended the standings on 720 points from Kristoffersen and Alexis Pinturault.
– Hirscher also won the giant slalom gold medal at the PyeongChang Winter Games.
– Kristoffersen has finished second an astonishing 11 times in FIS World Cup races this season.