Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service
Italian seals second podium in two days at the keenly fought Val d’Isere Super G.
The 25-year-old revealed, “Sometimes I make mistakes in my performance. I have to put that off and just ski right and I think it will come. Do most of the turning in the correct way.”
Sofia Goggia fact file
– She made her FIS World Cup debut aged 19, but only broke through into the alpine skiing elite with her excellent 2016/17 season.
– Her first two FIS World Cup victories came in March 2017 when she produced a superb South Korean win double in downhill and Super G over the course of 24 hours.
– She does not suffer from nerves and is one of the fun personalities on the circuit.
– Did you know? Goggia is a big fan of sushi and often visits Milan for their great restaurants to enjoy it.
– Did you also know? She has a pet dog, Belle, which sometimes joins her at big races.