Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
VIDEO ALERT: Wibmer’s Law sees trials rider take big cities by storm
Fabio Wibmer showed in Fabiolous Escape 2 that he is capable of pulling off audacious bike tricks and he has followed it up with a big city passion project that took over a year to shoot. Here is all you need to know:
– The East Tirolean turns Innsbruck, Salzburg, Vienna and Linz into a playground and takes shortcuts over city roofs with no gap – however big – stopping him.
– With handlebar rides, a frontflip through a building site, mighty drops and a double backflip on a step-down, Wibmer finds his way through the street maze.
– The 24-year-old said: “I realised that the world keeps spinning faster and, especially in big cities, the life of society has become a real hectic and stressful one. That’s how it is for me as well. When I get on my bike though, I am able to escape this chaos for a while. I am able to take a breath and calm down. Hopefully the audience feels the same way.”
– In terms of the filming logistics, which included using a GH5S on a Glidecam as the main camera supported by two A7IIIs, GoPros and drones, he added: “The shooting definitely was the most challenging production I have done. Some of the takes took several hundreds. In the final edit, of course, you don’t see these struggles.”
– He shot to global fame in 2016 when YouTube clips of him riding a railing of a 200m high dam and showing off his downhill ability on an old lady’s bike went viral.
– In last year’s Fabiolous Escape 2, the Austrian evaded police in the Saalbach-Hinterglemm resort and has now swapped the snow for an Austrian urban setting.
Watch the full video Below