Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Pilots showcase thrilling aerobatic choreography in Austrian skies.
185,000 visitors and 200 aircraft from 20 nations descended on the Hinterstoisser Air Base in Zeltweg, Austria for AirPower 2019 on Saturday.
Here’s all you need to know:
– The Austrian Federal Armed Forces, the Flying Bulls and the international top squadrons such as Frecce Tricolori, Patrouille Suisse and Patrulla Aguila were amongst the pilots who took to the skies to perform their thrilling aerobatic manoeuvres.
– Concert pianist Andreas Woyke improvised live on a Bösendorfer concert grand, turning Austria’s largest air show into the largest “concert hall” of the country combining classical music and aerial acrobatics as two gliders performed choreography to the classical music.
– The Flying Bulls show displayed many highlights of their legendary fleet, including North American B-25 Mitchell, Lockhead P-38 Lightning, Chance Vought F4U Corsair, Alpha Jet, and North America T-28B Trojan.
– Austrian helicopter pilot and former ski jumping star Thomas Morgenstern (AUT) showcased his skills at Air Power for the first time.
– Morgenstern revealed – “It’s something completely different when you show your flying skills at an air show in front of so many fans. This makes me proud to be part of it.”
Catch highlights of all the action from Air Power on Red Bull TV on 21 September 2019.