Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Scuderia Toro Rosso’s 2019 F1 car put through its paces at sunny Misano.
Scuderia Toro Rosso‘s STR14 challenger for the 2019 Formula 1 season came through its filming day in Italy last week with flying colours ahead of the season start in Melbourne on March 17. Here is all you need to know:
– The striking 2019 challenger did not encounter any problems on the Misano track ahead of the first pre-season testing this week in Spain.
– Returning Daniil Kvyat and rookie Alex Albon will now look to get serious laps under their belts on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya this week and next week to increase the chances of a good Australian GP result.
– Team Principal Franz Tost revealed: “We have the ingredients together for a successful season. The car, I expect, will be competitive. We have a fantastic power unit partner with Honda. They made big steps forward during the winter. We have two very strong drivers.”
– Russian Kvyat said: “Everything went smooth. Everyone knows me quite well here and we can kick off straight away with a lot of knowledge. I am looking forward to driving with a Honda powered engine.”
– Thai-Briton Albon explained: “It is a bit surreal. Formula 1 really is another step up from Formula 2. Once you are in the car, the nerves go away. I won’t be the calmest when the green light goes in Melbourne, but I do think I will know the car a lot better than I do now.”