Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Everything you need to know as Red Bull 3Style heads to Krakow in Poland.
One of the world’s biggest DJ competitions returns this weekend as 24 DJs from all around the planet descend on Krakow, Poland for the Red Bull 3Style World Championship Finals.
The 2018 winner will be crowned on Sunday 11 February at the Juliusz Slowacki Theatre and here is everything you need to know about the event:
– The Red Bull 3Style World DJ Championships have been advancing the culture of DJing and entertaining audiences all around the world since 2010.
– The concept was actually born back in 2007 at a one-off DJ contest at Atlantis club in Vancouver.
– The eighth World Finals take place at the Juliusz Slowacki Theatre in Krakow, which was opened in 1893.
– DJs are given 15 minutes to impress the judges with their originality, creativity and ability.
– DJs are required to play at least three genres of music in their 15 minutes.
– The judges (DJ Jazzy Jeff, DJ Craze, DJ Nu-Mark, Nina Las Vegas, Skratch Bastid) are scoring on these four areas:
1. Originality – 40%
2. Skills – 25%
3. Music selection 20%
4. Crowd response 15%
– 21 of the 24 finalists have all won a National Final in their country. The remaining three slots are wildcards Beast Mode, DJ Jus-Jay and DJ Cross.
– The 24 finalists are: Beast Mode (AUS), DJ Tim (AZE), DJ Jus-Jay (BRB), DJ Cross (BEL), DJ Marquinhos Espinosa (BRA), DJ Cam B (CAN), DJ Diego Zapata (CHL), DJ Roxtar (CZE), DJ Emii (FRA), DJ Remake (GER), DJ Talisa (IDN), DJ Damianito (ITA), DJ Rina (JPN), DJ Beats (LBN), DJ Jimmix (MEX), DJ Irie (NLD), DJ Inbituin (PHL), DJ 69 Beats (POL), Ryan The DJ (SAF), DJ Emess (KOR), DR Fad-R (CHE), DJ Afro (TWN), DJ What Dat Frog (THA), DJ Ease (USA).
– There are four female DJs competing this year: DJ Rina, DJ Emii, DJ Talisa, DJ Emess
– Seven different DJs from seven different nations have won the competition. DJ Karve (FRA) 2010, DJ Hedspin (CAN) 2011, DJ Four Color Zack (USA) 2012, DJ Shintaro (JPN) 2013, Eskei83 (GER) 2014, DJ Byte (CHL), 2015 and DJ Puffy (BRB) 2016. Who will win this time around?
Watch the Grand Final live on February 11 from 8.30pm CET HERE.