Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
All you need to know ahead of the iconic race and where to download content.
The 2019 Dakar
Rally roars into life on January 6 starting with teams taking on 10
stages and just shy of 5,000km on some of the world’s most hostile
beaches, dunes and tracks in Peru.
The 41st edition of the iconic rally raid race sees competitors in the car, bike, truck, quad and UTV categories push themselves and their vehicles to the limit in only one country for the first time in the event’s history.
Stars competing include 13-time winner Stéphane Peterhansel, defending car champion Carlos Sainz and Red Bull privateer Sébastien Loeb as well as bike trio Matthias Walkner, Sam Sunderland and Toby Price – all battling it out for the most prestigious off-road rally title on the planet.
Competitors in the car and truck classes who retire from the first week will be able to rejoin the action in the second week, however they will have their own classification so that the starting order is not confused.
Don’t miss any of the Dakar coverage from Red Bull.
– Still images, news cuts with racing footage and stories free for editorial use in English and Spanish via Red Bull Content Pool HERE.
– Exclusive stories, action clips, images from the rally and behind the scenes content on RedBull.com HERE.
– Daily highlights and behind the scenes content on Red Bull TV HERE.
SS = Special Stage, C = Car, B = Bike, T = Truck, Q = Quad, SxS = UTV
06/01/19 – Starting ramp / Lima
07/01/19 – Stage 1 / Lima – Pisco: 331 km (SS: 84 km)
08/01/19 – Stage 2 / Pisco – San Juan de Marcona: 553km (SS: 342km)
09/01/19 – Stage 3 / San Juan de Marcona – Arequipa: 798km (SS: 331km)
10/01/19 – Stage 4 / Arequipa – Tacna: (C,SxS,T) 664km (SS: 351km) + Arequpia – Moquegua: (B,Q) 511km (SS: 351km)
11/01/19 – Stage 5 / Tacna – Arequipa: (C,SxS,T) 714km (SS: 450km) + Moquega – Arequipa: (B,Q) 776km (SS: 345km)
12/01/19 – Rest Day / Arequipa
13/01/19 – Stage 6 / Arequipa – San Juan de Marcona: (C,SxS,T) 810km (SS: 290km) + (B,Q) 838km (SS: 317km)
14/01/19 – Stage 7 / San Juan de Marcona – San Juan de Marcona: 387km (SS: 323km)
15/01/19 – Stage 8 / San Juan de Marcona – Pisco: 575km (SS: 360km)
16/01/19 – Stage 9 / Pisco – Pisco: (B,C,Q,SxS) 409km (SS: 313km) + (T) 407km (SS: 311km)
17/01/19 – Stage 10 / Pisco – Lima: 359km (SS: 112km)
RED BULL DESERT WINGS SQUAD
1. Matthias Walkner (AUT) – Red Bull KTM Factory Team
3. Toby Price (AUS) – Red Bull KTM Factory Team
11. Stefan Svitko (SVK) – Slovnaft Rally Team
14. Sam Sunderland (GBR) – Red Bull KTM Factory Team
17. Laia Sanz (ESP) – Red Bull KTM Factory Team
28. Daniel Jager Nosiglia (BOL) – MEC HRC
50. Santosh Shivashankar Chunchunguppe (IND) – Hero Motorsports Rally Team
56. Anastasiya Nifontova (RUS) – Nifontova 13 Team
58. Walter Jager Nosiglia (BOL) – MEC HRC
77. Luciano Benavides (ARG) – Red Bull KTM Factory Team
300. Carlos Sainz (ESP) – X-Raid Mini JCW Team
301. Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT) – Toyota Gazoo Racing SA
302. Giniel de Villiers (RSA) – Toyota Gazoo Racing SA
303. Jakub Przygonski (POL) – Orlen X-Raid Team
304. Stéphane Peterhansel (FRA) – X-Raid Mini JCW Team
306. Sébastien Loeb (FRA) – PH Sport
308. Cyril Despres (FRA) – X-Raid Mini JCW Team
361. Ignacio Casale (CHL) – Casale Racing
500. Eduard Nikolaev (RUS) – Kamaz-Master
502. Airat Mardeev (RUS) – Kamaz-Master
514. Dmitry Sotnikov (RUS) – Kamaz-Master
518. Andrey Karginov (RUS) – Kamaz-Master