Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Former F1 driver and DJ run RB7 through its paces at Ho Chi Minh City festival.
The former Aston Martin Red Bull Racing driver ran the legendary RB7 through its paces in the dry and the wet – his first time in an F1 cockpit for 18 months. Here is all you need to know:
– The Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Live Demo Team did three runs through the 650m course on Nguyễn Cơ Thạch Street in daylight, twilight and floodlights.
– Coulthard, who had to battle through heavy rain at one point, declared: “It really feels somewhat emotional when you bring a Formula One car to a new country. It’s great to be in a place that’s clearly full of very friendly, educated, enthusiastic people.”
– The Scot won 13 Grand Prix races in F1 for Williams and McLaren, then helped Red Bull Racing‘s entry into motorsport’s elite event as their first official driver.
– Dutch EDM superstar Martin Garrix also took the car through a fire-up sequence and throttle test under F1 commentator Coulthard’s very careful supervision.
– Garrix, 21, was ranked number 1 on DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJs list for 2016 and 2017, and has collaborated with the likes of David Guetta, Dua Lipa and Ed Sheeran.