Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Three Gran Turismo Sport on PlayStation 4 races in lighthearted virtual series.
The first Red Bull Homestretch stop delivered on the promise as the likes of Timmy Hansen, Sébastien Loeb and Kris Bryant starred. Here is all you need to know:
– While trading verbal barbs and enthusiastically shouting their excitement at key race moments, the group of nine drivers made their way through three races playing Gran Turismo Sport on PlayStation 4 and streaming live on Twitch and the ESPN App.
– The lineup included some of the best drivers on the planet including Hansen, Loeb, Travis Pastrana, James Hinchcliffe, Bryce Menzies, Ken Roczen and Scott Speed.
– In this week’s “Wildcard Seat” was Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant who – despite obviously being the underdog – was able to put a few moves on the pro drivers to stay competitive, especially in the third race.
– During the third race, all drivers were thrown for a loop when it was announced that the third car across the line (not the first) would actually be the winner with wily champion Loeb masterfully putting himself in fourth, and then shooting forward into third in the last second to win – much to the other drivers’ chagrin.
– Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff had planned to race as a wildcard but had to drop out last minute and will take to the track later in a subsequent week.
– Red Bull Homestretch returns next Thursday (and for four weeks after that) at 12:00 p.m. EDT/9:00am.
First stop winners
Race 1 – Red Bull Ring (road race): Timmy Hansen
Race 2 – Colorado Springs (rally race): Sébastien Loeb
Race 3 – Tokyo Expressway (cart race) Sébastien Loeb (wins by finishing in third place)
Replay on Red Bull Twitch and Red Bull YouTube.