Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Yokohama is first Asian stop while iconic Fenway Park in Boston also plays host.
Red Bull Crashed Ice is spreading its reach even further for the new 2018/2019 season as three stops play out across three continents. Here is all you need to know:
– The ATSX Ice Cross Downhill World Championship launches its 19th season with its first-ever Asian stop in December as Japanese city Yokohama plays host.
– Fearless skaters will get to race first inside a huge seaside park on a track up to 600 meters in length four-at-a-time at speeds of up to 80 km/h.
– Popular Jyväskylä returns next for the fourth straight season as the frozen Finnish natural track gives the men and women something different to think about.
– Iconic baseball stadium Fenway Park, home of the legendary Boston Red Sox, rounds out the season as American fans get to cheer on their skating heroes.
– Winners collect 1,000 championship points at these “ATSX 1000” rounds. Additionally, the season calendar will consist of ATSX500 and ATSX250 races, worth 500 and 250 championship points respectively, throughout North America and Europe.
– Canadian Scott Croxall will be looking to defend his men’s crown with former champions Cameron Naasz (USA), Marco Dallago (AUT), Derek Wedge (SUI) and Kyle Croxall (CAN) breathing down his neck for the title.
– Meanwhile American Amanda Trunzo knows all too well that two-time former champion Jacqueline Legere (CAN) will be out to reclaim her crown too.
– The Juniors World Championship will also be back for a third season as more than 1,000 athletes from 22 countries and five continents take to the ice again.
ATSX Ice Cross Downhill Word Championship 2018/19 Calendar (ATSX1000 Races):
December 7-8 2019: Yokohama, Japan
February 2 2019: Jyväskylä, Finland
February 8-9 2019: Boston (MA), USA