Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Seven stops await world’s best divers across 18 different nationalities.
Beirut, Dublin and the Philippines will make their Red Bull Cliff Diving debuts in 2019 as seven stops await the world’s best divers. Here is all you need to know:
– Eighteen different nationalities will be represented off the platform with the women joining the men for all seven stops, starting with El Nido on Palawan Island on April 13 and ending in Bilbao on September 14.
– Pure cliffs provide the launchpad at almost half the stops with reigning champions Rhiannan Iffland (AUS) and Gary Hunt (GBR) out to defend their titles by soaring down from up to 27m at speeds in excess of 85km/h.
– The title fight from almost three time the Olympic heights will see new locations that start amidst the emerald waters off the coast of El Nido on the Philippines with Dublin’s Grand Canal Dock next up and Pigeon Rocks – off the coast of Beirut neighbourhood Raouché – sandwiched in the middle.
– The race for the King Kahekili Trophy in the 11th season also sees fan favourites like Italy, Portugal and Bosnia and Herzegovina returning ahead of the season finale at the iconic Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.
– 2009 champion Orlando Duque and Ginger Huber drop down to wildcard status, while Jessica Macaulay and Eleanor Townsend Smart go permanent.
2019 Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series Calendar
April 13 – El Nido, Palawan, Philippines (NEW)
May 12 – Dublin, Ireland (NEW)
June 2 – Polignano a Mare, Italy
June 22 – São Miguel, Azores, Portugal
July 14 – Beirut, Lebanon (NEW)
August 24 – Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
September 14 – Bilbao, Spain