Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Aston Martin Red Bull Racing duo flaunt buggy skills before F1 season finale.
– Verstappen is out to retain third in the driver’s standings from the chasing Ferrari of Charles Leclerc after the Dutchman stormed to victory in Brazil.
– With Thai-British rookie Albon producing seven top-six finishes for the team to lock down a 2020 seat, the pair arrived in Dubai in style in an Aston Martin DBX.
– Rally-raid biker Mohammed Balooshi was on hand to deliver pointers before the drivers got the chance to jump dunes and do donuts in their Honda Talon 1000X.
– Verstappen had previous experience of off-road racing, however it was all new for former Formula 2 star Albon who has enjoyed a fairytale first season in F1.
– Albon, 23, revealed: “It was good fun. It’s a very different feeling because it’s not like a circuit. On a circuit you know where the person is going to be going, in a buggy, one time Max is going on the right over a jump, the next time he’s half way on top of a dune and you don’t know which way we’re going to drift off to.”
– Verstappen, 22, explained: “It was great going out on the buggies again and doing things like this and camel polo is very Red Bull and something I really enjoy. It’s always great to try new things and we are lucky to get that opportunity with the team.”
– As for the first season with Honda power, he added: “Three victories and quite a few podiums is always good, but as a team and myself, we always want more so we are already looking ahead to next year where hopefully we can challenge for the championship.”