Courtesy of Red Bull Media Service Team
Eight international teams race more tracks than ever using DCL – The Game.
The 2020 Drone Champions League season will go ahead with a high-powered, international calendar this year, shifting to a new format that’s entirely virtual using DCL – The Game.
Here is all you need to know:
– The fifth season of competition will include a heart racing series of Drone Grand Prix events showcasing the skills of the planet’s best professional drone racers.
– Reaching speeds of 160km/h, eight top teams will take on fresh challenges and more tracks than ever for the World Championship of professional drone racing.
– The first virtual Drone Grand Prix takes off in July with a return to the home of DCL – Vaduz, Liechtenstein – then heads to the USA and China’s Great Wall before finishing up around the scenic paradise of Lake Zurich.
– Seven of the teams are permanent, vying for the World Championship, with one Wildcard Team selected to compete for the single location victory at every stop.
– Each location will challenge pilots with not just one, but two specially built tracks as qualifying decides the order for the weekend double heat, knockout format.
– Drone Champions League CEO Herbert Weirather said: “We’ve worked hard to find a way to deliver the sport to fans on every corner of the globe while prioritising the health and safety of our competitors, spectators and host cities. The flexibility of the gaming world made it possible to take the calendar virtual and we’re going to pack entertainment into every stop. With the amazing skills of these teams, the realism of the tracks on DCL – The Game and a World Champion to be crowned at the end, you’d better believe that it’s still going to be an exciting season. The pilots are absolutely raring to go.”
– Each DCL Virtual Drone Grand Prix will be broadcast worldwide live on TV and online.
2020 DCL Virtual Drone Grand Prix Season
July 17-18: Vaduz, Liechtenstein
August 7-8: Proptown, USA
August 21-22: Great Wall, China
October 2-3: LAAX/Lake Zurich, Switzerland